tisdag 29 mars 2011

virtual coffee ~ tuesday march 29th

welcome to virtual coffee. i am warning you ahead, that this won´t be a happy go lucky one. if you need some picking up, i am afraid i urge you to not read any further :( 


if we were to meet for real today, i would tell you that the latest news about my friend Linda (i have blogged about her before, she is in the last stages of cancer pretty much all over her poor body at this time). i saw her about a week ago and then she was at the hospital draining some fluid from her stomach and was in kinda good spirits. but after being able to go home for a few days she went back to the hospital and got more bad news. since friday she has slept more than she is awake and the only thing that is good about that is that she is not in that much pain right now. she has had so much trouble sleeping for like ever, so it is so comforting that she gets to rest. but i am afraid that this is it, you know. 


if we were to meet for real today, i would tell you that my heart aches so much for her and her family. 


if we were to meet for real today, i would tell you that my heart almost broke in half this sunday when i learned that a friends daughter was killed in a skiing accident. the girl was the same age as my daughter and i almost lost my breath when i heard it. 

if we were to meet for real today, i would tell you that although i go on in my everyday life laughing and doing my job etc, this put a dimmer on life. you know the feeling you can get when you have a cold and have cotton around your brain? well, i have cotton around my heart.

if we were to meet for real today, i would tell you that all these bad news makes me think about life and what it means. what is most important? what can i stop doing since it is really doesn´t matter in the long run? is it ok to be thankful for what i have, when so many other can´t? i know it is, i know. 

thanks for listening. and go hug the ones you love...right now!


ps.  linda passed away this afternoon. good night ♥

12 kommentarer:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your friend's daughter. That is a lot to take in all at once. It really does make you see the fragility of life, doesn't it? I like the way you put it: about cotton around your heart.

    I never know what to say in circumstances like this. It's hard to know what would be a comfort. But I do hope you find some comfort, and pieces of life wherein there is joy. I hope you and your friend have some wonderful moments in the time you have left together. And I hope the sadness passes quietly and soon.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Usch, det var mycket på en gång. Livet är så himla svårt och döden ännu svårare! Stor kram!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I just hugged my constant companion, Victoria, and said prayer for you all. Nothing we can say will make it better, but know that we all wish we could just give you a hug and let you feel our love.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Lisa--my heart goes out to you and your friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    SvaraRadera
  5. oh Lisa, what horrible news about your friend and the little girl in the skiing accident. life can just be so cruel sometimes and i just don't understan dit at times. i know what you mean about is is enough just to be grateful and thankful...sometimes it feels like it's not. big hugs to you today, hang in there. thinking of you! XO

    SvaraRadera
  6. Love and hugs going your way....

    SvaraRadera
  7. Just hugged my little ones and now I'm sending you a GREAT BIG HUG!!!! Because it sounds like you need it.

    SvaraRadera
  8. If I would have come over for coffee today, I would have given you a tigh thug and sat with you in silence watching the world through the window.
    I'm a strong believer in the healing power of silence in good company.
    Sometimes there is no need for words. Just presence.

    Wake up early tomorrow and watch the sunrise. :)

    SvaraRadera
  9. oh my gosh...i am sitting here in total shock...
    i am crying and i don't even know any of these people...

    i'm so sorry for the loss of your friend...

    my day is also now a little more in perspective..
    i can't wait to see my three this afternoon and just love them a little more...

    melissa x

    SvaraRadera
  10. Oh Lisa, this is just heartbreaking. So sorry about your friend and your friend's daughter. Will be thinking of them.

    SvaraRadera
  11. You and Linda's family are in my prayers.

    SvaraRadera

Share!